Facilities at Birdworld
You will find everything you need at Birdworld to make your day as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Staff are located throughout the site and we are all pleased to help and direct you with whatever you need.
Please note: Smoking or vaping is not permitted anywhere within the park.
No bikes or scooters: For the safety and comfort of other guests we will no longer be permitting bikes or scooters,
(or other vehicles self-propelled by a child).
For guests in wheelchairs or with mobility issues
We want to ensure all guests have a safe and pleasurable visit. A summary of the facilities we offer are as follows:
- Birdworld offers a large flat outdoor park with wide paths and lots of room for everyone to circulate
- Paths are flat with a mix of tarmac, shingle and grass with a few minor slopes, no steps
- Some assistance may be required with doors on some walkthrough exhibits
- Special car parking area in main car park
- The restaurant and shop are wheelchair accessible
- Toilet facilities for guests with disabilities at the entrance, middle and end of the park
- Admittance allowed for fully trained assistance dogs. Assistance dogs are not permitted to access walkthrough exhibits.
- Carers are permitted free with paying adult or child. Proof of status required.
Wheelchair provision and booking
Birdworld has wheelchairs available for use. These are provided free of charge although a returnable deposit is required. To guarantee use, it is advisable to book a wheelchair in advance on 01420 22140.
Updated October 2021